Monday 10 September 2012

South Causey Inn Wedding - Amy and Chris

South Causey Inn Wedding

Fun!  That's what a wedding should be!  It's supposed to be a day of celebration, laughter and emotion!  Well, Amy and Chris' had all of that!  Two things stand out for me....

1) The raw emotion of the day!  I have never seen so many tears before at a wedding.....especially from a groom.  More of that to come.

2) Just how up for fun pictures everyone was.  There were no limits.  


The tears started when Amy was getting her dress on.  All the bridesmaids, Amy's mum and herself were sobbing.  I loved the dressing gown Amy wore with Mrs Robson on the back.  Apart from the tears she giggled her way through all the prep while the bridesmaids busily got themselves ready.











Now, one thing to know about me.  I love a laugh and I am a micky-taker.  So you have to be open for micky-taking back.  However, from the first moment I met the bestmen and ushers I knew I was going to have fun.  Straight away they started having a laugh with me.  However, I have a rule with the groomsmen I work with.....poke fun at me, but expect me to have a bit of fun in return....which is what I did.  The look on the bestmens faces when I said "Go on, give Chris a little kiss on the cheek" was priceless!  But, all credit to them, they played along.  It's all about breaking down the barriers, building a rapport and getting people onside!  Whats the point of being a wedding photographer if you're not going to enjoy yourself and have fun with everyone at the wedding!  It's one of the reasons why I've developed such a good reputation.


South Causey Inn Wedding



The mood changed when it came down to the ceremony.  Once the music started and the bridesmaids began walking down the aisle in twos Chris couldn't hold the tears back.  He was welling up when talking to the registrar!  When Amy entered the room he put his hands to his face a sobbed.....closely followed by all 8 bridesmaids!  Pure, unadulterated emotion!

South Causey Inn Wedding










All the tears stopped (for a bit) once the ceremony finished, with confetti being thrown as Amy and Chris walked back up the aisle.  

Outside the bridesmaids were up for some fun!  We wanted attitude!  

South Causey Inn Wedding

South Causey Inn Wedding





South Causey Inn Wedding

South Causey Inn Wedding












I said the tears stopped at the end of the ceremony....not quite.  There were some reserved for the speeches too!  I'd love to share some of the stories which were hilarious.....but this page has a PG certificate!  Lets just say I had to put the camera down at one point because I was laughing so much!









And there we have it.  A brilliant, fun, emotional day at South Causey Inn.  Thank you Amy and Chris for asking me to capture your magical day.  

South Causey Inn Wedding



No comments:

Post a Comment