Sunday 19 August 2012

St Mary's Lighthouse Wedding - Louise and Ryan (aka the one with all the Converse)

I've had number of my brides over the past few months commenting about my love of shoes!  I've got to admit, I do like shoes and when it comes to weddings I love seeing things a little different or eye catching.  When I arrived at Louise's mum's house on her wedding morning I was in for a treat.


tyneside wedding photography

tyneside wedding photography


One of my closest friends in the wedding industry, Donna from The Timeless Table, coined a phrase about me which has stuck and is what I have become affectionately known as in the industry:  The Converse behind the Camera.  I've become known for my love of Converse trainers and for wearing them while working.  I've even had people come up to me at wedding fayres and say "You're the Converse behind the Camera".  

So when I asked Louise to get her shoes so I could get shots of them she said "You're going to love these".  Pure white Converse!  AMAZING!!!!!!!!

tyneside wedding photography

tyneside wedding photography

Over at Ryan's parent's house, the were nerves....a lot of nerves.  Throughout the planning process Ryan has had this very quiet air of calmness about him.  However that morning, the quietness was replaced by pure silence broken only by the odd nervous chuckle and questions about the day.

tyneside wedding photography

At the church in Forest Hall, the vicar was merrily going about his business.  This was a man who loved his job and he had a keen interest in photography.  A very chatty man, he was keen to ensure I had a good vantage point so I could "get the brides reactions".

tyneside wedding photography

tyneside wedding photography

tyneside wedding photography

tyneside wedding photography
Ryan was too nervous to turn around a look at Louise walking down the aisle.  However he stared into the lens to try and see Louise's reflection
tyneside wedding photography

tyneside wedding photography
The moment the call went out for some washing up liquid!

tyneside wedding photography

The ceremony was filled with laughter including Louise getting a fit of the giggles part way through.  Those regular readers of my blog will know about my love of music and listening out for the quirky song choices at weddings.  When signing the register the sound system opened up and a live concert audience could be heard.  I'm actually sad enough to have recognised the piece of music purely from the audience noise before any chords had been struck up..... Dire Straits "Local Hero".....a song that always sends shivers down my spine and always reminded me of Newcastle when I was away living in the South East.  But the best was yet to come.

With the ceremony over, there was silence as Louise and Ryan hovered by the alter waiting for the sound system to kick in again.  And then it started... *dum dum dum. du dumdumdum dudum* Any takers??  Yup....Queen's Another One Bites the Dust!  Big thumbs up from the photographer.....who incidentally is a massive Queen fan and plays drums in a Queen tribute band!

With the weather closing in a spots of rain starting to fall we headed to St Mary's Island for bridal photos where tourists and passers by offered their congratulations.  There were a few eyebrows raised as Louise hitched her dress up to show off her Converse and then started running around on the sand chasing Ryan.   



tyneside wedding photography


tyneside wedding photography

tyneside wedding photography


Louise and Ryan's reception was held at The Lindisfarne Club in Wallsend which was decorated with balloons and lit with the most elaborate set of disco lighting I've come across in 9 years of covering weddings.  The UV lighting offered up an interesting outlook to the wedding!!!!

It has to be said though, the music at the reception was outstanding!  A full on cheesfest!  I sat on the stage watching the evening's festivities singing along to David Essex, The Real Thing and other top party tunes!  I honestly did not want to leave!!  










And one last thing to close off Louise and Ryan's wedding post:


You didn't think I was going to miss out on the fun....The Converse Behind the Camera, in front of the camera

No comments:

Post a Comment