Wednesday 11 July 2012

Alnwick Garden Wedding - Louise and Graeme

Alnwick Garden Wedding

I always seem to start these posts talking about the weather!  Hey guess what!!!  It's been a big feature of my weddings this year.  The lead up to each wedding has been spent watching a constantly changing forecast.  For Louise and Graeme's wedding, the forecast for their magical seemed to change by the hour.  By Thursday we were expecting none stop torrential rain.....but when Saturday arrived....blazing sunshine and very very humid!


Alnwick Garden Wedding


Alnwick Garden is one of my favourite venues to shoot at.  I've been there so many times now and to be one of the preferred wedding photographers there is extra special!  I spot something new every time I go there.  


Having got to know Louise and Graeme over the months leading up to their wedding, I had decided that for them we would go for something more traditional.  "I don't like that Bride at the front and Groom at the back stuff" was the first thing Louise told me.  That's the sort of stuff I want to hear.  I always start my consultations and planning meetings with the question, "What don't you like".  And to be honest, The Garden was the perfect place to capture some really romantic imagery.  


Louise and the bridesmaid got ready at the stunning Longhirst Hall prior to heading up the A1 to Alnwick.  At the Garden, the Pavilion was decked with Union Flag bunting following the recent jubilee celebrations and the guests sipped on Pimms while they waited for the two stars of the day.


Alnwick Garden Wedding

Alnwick Garden Wedding

Alnwick Garden Wedding

Alnwick Garden Wedding

Alnwick Garden Wedding


Graeme does go down as one of the most chilled out grooms I have ever worked with, taking it all in his stride, although there was a point in the day when that went out the window.  When the registrar began the ceremony with "We are gathered here today to celebrate the marriage of Graeme and Sarah....".  Louise saying "Who's Sarah?" will stay with me forever.










Alnwick Garden Wedding
"Who's Sarah??!!"


Alnwick Garden Wedding

Alnwick Garden Wedding



One of the lovely things about the Garden is that although it is open to the public while the wedding is going on, the visitors all keep their distance especially from the Pavilion when the ceremony is taking place.


Alnwick Garden Wedding

Alnwick Garden Wedding

Alnwick Garden Wedding

Alnwick Garden Wedding

Alnwick Garden Wedding

Alnwick Garden Wedding

Alnwick Garden Wedding

Alnwick Garden Wedding

Alnwick Garden Wedding

Alnwick Garden Wedding


It was such a relaxing day at Alnwick Garden and was a joy to capture.  Have a fantastic time in Florida Graeme and Louise and I'll see you when you get back.











Louise and Graeme's wedding was planned and coordinated by North East Wedding Planner, and featured the talents of The Timeless Table, KF Makeup and DJ & Presenter Colin Cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment