Monday 5 December 2011

Something to warm me up on this cold December evening

I was recently entered into the Wedding Industry Awards.  At this relatively early stage of my photography career (yes, I've been a wedding photographer since 2003 but still class myself as a relative new kid on the block compared to some of my peers), I was hopeful but wasn't expecting to win the regional competition.  Sure enough, I wasn't lucky enough on this occasion (next year maybe) but what I wasn't expecting was the comments my stunning couples left about me when they voted for me.  I thought I would share them with you.  They were all left anonymously so I have no idea who they are...although I think I can work a couple out.  They were asked two questions: What was different about me and why did they book me.


About me comments:


‎"We couldn't be happier with our photographs, they are absolutely stunning. Working with Jamie on our wedding day was so easy and relaxed. Other than during the family photo's we were very unaware of Jamie's presence as he captured our day forever, very unobtrusive. The package we will receive from him is great value for money. The only difficulty we face is choosing which of his amazing photographs to choose for our album. I simply cannot thank, praise or recommend Jamie enough"


"Jamie Penfold is an outstanding photographer who has an eye for art, His level of service is exceptional before, during and after the event. Jamie believes in building a friendship with his many clients to ensure everyone feels comfortable around him on the day, He makes his photography fun for children too which i found was half the battle to get the young ones to smile for the camera. Jamie likes to blend in on the day with the guests and therefore managed to produce photographs from a guests point of view as well as a professional photographers. He captured every emotion possible on the day and whenever i look at the pictures i cant help but wipe a tear from my eyes. To this day i still have a strong friendship with Jamie and hope to have him as a friend for many years to come, He helped make my big day special and for that i will be eternally grateful. I will definitely be recommending his work to everyone i can think of. Thank you Jamie and best of luck. x"


“I am photophobic and Jamie made the whole experience very comfortable and easy. My Husband and I would recommend him everytime because the photographs were amazing.”


“jamie is chilled,relaxed and caring. He gives off a positive vibe and his talented photographic pictures are current and very hip.”


“Throughout the wedding day Jamie was great, he did exactly what we had talked about prior to the wedding. He captured the moments that we wanted and more. The photography was not overpowering and Jamie was great with our guests. Everyone commented on Jamie and his work, saying how ‘great’ he was. Upon seeing the photos I was thrilled, they are fab and I cannot wait to choose the ones for my album. In addition, I have just returned from honeymoon and was overwhelmed to read Jamie's blog and see the pictures of my wedding, it was fab and I have been showing everyone. The photos of my wedding tell of story of the day and will bring me so many happy memories in years to come. Thanks Jamie I cant wait to get my album, sure I will be looking at it daily.”


“Jamie provided us with so many ideas which fitted our requirements, leaving the choice up to us but making sure we didn't forget anything. The prewedding meeting was very relaxed and easy, the same can be said of the day itself, we didn't even know he was there. Although he was a great help to me in choosing which necklace to use. We had sight of our photos almost immediately, which was great as people wanted to see them, they were fantastic! Afterwards Jamie was so understanding, we had some terrible news and couldn't bring ourselves to sort out the wedding album, we had a stillborn baby. Jamie did not pressurise us, allowing us to choose and get back to him in our own time. Which meant that when we finally got our album we were able to remember a fantastic day and we could, temporarily, forget our sadness. Jamie is one in a million and deserves success!”


“Jamie looked at a range of photography styles with us based on his past work and carefully discussed important images we wanted to include. The finished collection of images was a brilliant reflection of our day and all were captured in the style we wanted- a mix of formal with alot of natural pictures. Jamie did not intrude on the proceedings during the wedding day as we have known other photographers to do at guests at other weddings- church photpgraphs were amazing and dont remember seeing him throughout the service. During the wedding breakfast he mixed with guests brilliantly, all were complementary of his style of photography and said he felt like a guest we had known for years. Kept in touch throughout the process of creating our wedding album to recieve a finished product my husband and I will always treasure.”


“I grew up with Jamie & had heard about his photography progressing to weddings, after he showed me some of the photos he had taken for other couples, there was no doubt in my mind who would be my photographer if & when i got married. The day my now husband proposed i KNEW who i would be ringing for my photos! Jamie helped me to find suppliers when i was stuck organising my wedding. I dont know what i would have done without him. Now my wedding has come & gone... but all i have to do is look at my superb photos to remember what a fantastic day it was as it was captured beautifully in every single frame!”


“Jamie was professonal but approachable and listened to what we wanted on the day but also brought ideas of his own, making the photography a relaxed and stress free experience, with fantastic pictures as a result, capturing our day perfectly”






Why did you book comments:






“Approachability - gave us exactly what we wanted.”

“Just look at his photos & you will understand why! Theyre beautiful.”

“He was professional, came prepared to our meetings and was willing to negotiate and tailor a package to our requirements”

“I had seen the work that Jamie had done previously which looked really good. He was great value for money, really helpful and really friendly upon contacting him. I would recommend anyone to use Jamie.”

“trusted jamie as he was the only photographer that did not push for a sign up on first meeting. He was rightly confident in his approach to us as a couple and with his quality & style of shots. no pressure felt comfy and very likable and honest guy”

“We got what we wanted within our budget.”

“Felt like an old friend as soon as we met him!”



“was friendly and easy to talk to when we met him at the wedding fair. Very resonable price and a beautiful range of past wedding albums to look through showing his great photography skills”

“We had booked another photpgrapher prior to booking Jamie. When we viewed the examples of his work, we saw how he seemed to capture the magic of the day, whilst other photographer's work (including the one we had booked) appeared quite "flat". We lost our deposit on our original photographer but it was definately worth it. Jamie's costs seemed very reasonable at the time of booking, now we have our pictures, we realise the price was amazing!”

“I thought Jamie's work was stunning when i came across his website and after a consultation with him I knew he would be perfect. As an anxious bride to be i had collected numerous photographers contact details but only met with 2 of them before choosing Jamie Penfold Photography. I knew i had made a good choice when i gave Jamie the job and i was right, i got everything i wanted for an unbelievable price. I'm one very happy customer of his....”

“Came recommended from a friend after his wedding and offered a 10% discount for the recommendation. Jamie 

was very professional and made us feel at ease through the whole process.”




I have been blown away by the comments left.  Thank you to everyone who left comments.  You really don't know what it means to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment