Friday 11 February 2011

Early Morning on the Tyne

It's been one of those weeks where Friday couldn't come quick enough.  My head was spinning when I went to bed on Thursday night which is probably why I had a restless night's sleep.  Everything disturbed me, in particular the birds chirping outside in the garden.  By 4.50 I'd had enough, went downstairs, made a cup of coffee and decided to head out with the camera.


I was intending to head to St Mary's Island near Whitley Bay, however a detour via the Fish Quay in North Shields revealed that all the work had been completed on the quayside and you now had an unobstructed view down the river.


It was so peaceful down there despite the hustle and bustle of the fishermen getting ready to set off out into the pitch black and out to sea.


Here is a selection of images I captured just after 5am this morning on the banks of The River Tyne in North Shields, Tyne & Wear.  


Early Morning at The Royal Quays Marina

5am at North Shields Fish Quay

Preparing the nets

Steaky lights on the Tyne

Streaky lights on the Tyne (Mono)

Setting off into the darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment