Tuesday 28 September 2010

Gemma & Graham's Wedding (and big red bus!) - North Shields, Tyne & Wear

From the second Gemma contacted me to enquire about my availability to capture her wedding I had a good feeling about working with her and Graham.  Her enthusiasm was infectious, telling me about the low budget wedding she was organising, the plans she had and the ideas for the photography she had.


Meeting them beforehand we superb.  Both were so excited about their big day and the more I spoke to them about the day, the more excited I became....especially when they dropped into the conversation the Routemaster bus they had hired!  I couldn't wait!!


Waiting outside North Shields Registry Office, overlooking the River Tyne, the sun beaming down, Graham was relaxed and mingled with his guests.  Not long after being ushered inside, Gemma arrived, a little too early, in a classic bright red convertable Triumph sports car.  It looked amazing! The driver was asked to go around the block to give Graham and the guests some time to sort themselves out.....but the car wouldn't start.  This didn't matter though.  Gemma was still all smiles, while the car got a bump start.


After a short ceremony, all the guests congregated in a nearby park for a blessing by a vicar before boarding the Routemaster while Gemma and Graham jumped in the back of the Triumph and headed off to their reception at a nearby club.  It was stunning.  


Their reaction to the photos was mind blowing and I cannot thank Gemma and Graham enough for choosing me to capture their magical day.  I always aim to stay in contact with the couples I photograph...it's safe to say I think I have friends for life in Gemma and Graham. 






























No comments:

Post a Comment