Wednesday 3 March 2010

The Bobby Moore Biathlon

I would like to draw your attention to a charity event I have organised that will be taking place in September. 

On Sunday September 19th 2010 I will be taking part in the Great North Run, the worlds biggest half marathon.  I've taken part in this before but this time I won't have any time for rest.  The next day I will set off from Newcastle United's St James' Park and cycle the 300 miles to West Ham United's Boleyn Ground in the East End of London arriving there on the evening of Tuesday 21st September.

Day 1 of the bike ride will see me cover 170 miles and day 2 130 miles.

I am doing this in aid of The Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK, which works tirelessly to find a cure for bowel cancer, and I hope to raise a minimum of £3000 for the charity.

I have set up a blog on which I will be reporting on my training and ultimately the event itself.  This can be found at http://bobbymoorebiathlon.blogspot.com/.  If you would like to sponsor me I have set up a fundraising page at http://www.justgiving.com/bobbymoorebiathlon.

I would be grateful if you could follow the blog and share it with as many people as possible

Many thanks

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment