Sunday 25 January 2009

2009 off to a flyer - Rugby

I'm in a very positive mood.  This weekend marked JP Photography's first wedding outside of the North East.  We travelled down to Rugby on friday night and I'll admit now that I was extremely nervous.  Now, this isn't unusual for me.  I've been capturing weddings since 2003 and I always get a bit anxious before hand.  It's a daunting job capturing someone's special day.  But it provides an adrenalin kick and I find it keeps me focused on the job in hand and helps me get through those little unexpected things that always occur at weddings.  However this wedding was different.  I've known Hannah for well over 20 years.  Her brother, Mark,  was one of my best friends from school so I found myself wanting to be everywhere at once and capturing everything from the day, which any photographer will tell you is near on impossible.

I also had the added issue of using my new Nikon D700 for the first time in anger.  Having brought it 5 days earlier, I had spent the week adjusting to it.  I have been using a Nikon D70 since 2003 but needed another camera and one that would give me a bit more than the D70 could offer.  

Saturday 24th January was a beautifully crisp and sunny winters day.  Perfect conditions to be honest (no rain for once as has been the case on the past few weddings I've had).  An early start in Princethorpe for the bridal prep pictures and to get images of the reception marquee and cake.  It soon became apparent that I would have no issues with the camera.  It was everything I expected it to be and then I started to relax and "get into the groove".  My emphasis with wedding photography is to have fun and ensure that the bride and groom have fun too and this came to the fore with Hannah and Dan.  

I left Hannah at the hotel and headed off to the church in Rugby.  This was the first Catholic wedding I had captured so I was intrigued to see how it would differ to the Anglican and Civil Ceremonies.  The first thing that struck me was the architecture.  Stunning.  No other word to describe it.  The service was lovely too.  Very relaxed with plenty of photographic opportunities.  

With confetti shots done, I felt it was far too cold to do the group shots outside the church so we opted to do these in the marquee back in Princethorpe.  A reception with Bangers and Mash followed and reflected the relaxed, informal feel to the day Hannah and Dan wanted.  

I've had a scan through the pictures and I am extremely happy with them and hope that Hannah and Dan are equally as happy.  

I've decided to chill out tonight and grab a take away and a glass of wine and start the editing tomorrow with the aim of getting them onto the secure client area of the website by next weekend.  With bookings secured and potential for others 2009, this was the perfect start to the year.  




No comments:

Post a Comment